Are you looking to dominate product manager interviews or position yourself as the ideal candidate for a product management job?
Over the past few years, PMHQ Co-Founder, Clement Kao, has compiled all of our Product Manager HQ insights, his personal experience breaking into product management, and learnings from speaking to product managers from around the world who broke into the industry, into this 140+ page, 4 part e-book.
We created this guide to help provide you with all of the information you'll need to get a firm grasp on various PM roles in different industries, establishing your foundation to best position yourself for a PM position, and tactical tips and frameworks for dominating product manager interviews.
Please Note: If you purchase the PMHQ Community Lifetime Membership, you will receive this guide for free as a bonus item with that membership!
This Guide to Breaking into Product Management contains 4 separate sections with 22 separate chapters covering topics like:
Part 1: Introduction to Product Management
- What Is a Product Manager?
- A Day in the Life of a Consumer Product Manager
- A Day in the Life of a Mobile Gaming Product Manager
- A Day in the Life of a B2B Product Manager
- A Day in the Life of a Platform Product Manager
- Thinking like a Product Manager
Part 2: Establishing Your Foundation
- Do You Need an MBA?
- Do You Need a Technical Background?
- Derisking Your Journey to Product Management
- Pre-Interview Research
- How to Write an Effective Resume
- How I Became a Product Manager
Part 3: Crushing the Interview
- Effective Interview Practice
- Interview Question: Create a Product Roadmap
- Interview Question: Analyze a Metric Change
- Interview Question: The Failure Question
- Interview Question: The Product Design Question
- Interview Question: The Favorite Product Question
- Interview Question: Improve a Product
- Interview Question: Create a New Product
- Interview Question: The Prioritization Question
Part 4: Closing Thoughts
- The Next Steps to Take
Who is this guide for?
Anyone who is curious about the product management role and wants to best position themselves to break into the role
Anyone beginning their career in tech or making a career change.
Anyone looking for a product management job at a tech company or startup.
What are the requirements?
There are no requirements and no technical knowledge required! We intentionally added plenty of descriptive text to make sure that anyone can easily understand this guide
Over the next few months, we're going to continue refining and adding more updates to this guide. With this purchase, you'll get FREE LIFE-TIME ACCESS to all newly added chapters going forward.